← Remote access to university computers
- Program on home computer: PuTTY
- Knowledge of the university PC number NN (see terminal in the university, picture on the right)
- Active VPN connection
- Host Name (or IP address): luxNN.theo.physik.uni-due.de
- Saved Sessions: Name (self selectable)
- Press Save (for later) and then Open
- Then accept the PuTTY Security Alert
Then log in via username and password is possible and the terminal is executable on the university computer.
- Start terminal; to connect to the server use:
- Enter the password on request; the connection should now be established.